Monday, January 30, 2006

Assorted Links (Hot, Sweet and Spicy)

I've had a lot of email accumulating in my inbox over the past few weeks; it's about time I did some house-cleaning, and pass some of the links that people have sent me on to you, my adoring reading public.

  • First up is this link to an online mall that my brother set up to help benefit Secret Cinema, a movie site that you should all be checking out regularly. Lots of cool stuff, and SC gets a percentage of every dollar spent there.
  • Also from my brother -- and this is really cool -- it's Radio Free Otis, a streaming radio station playing music from his personal collection. Rock out while you blog out!
  • "As a Christian..." Noel Hurley writes reviews on Amazon for a wide variety of books, and he's funnier than a rubber crucifix. Thanks to my good friend Scott for finding this.
  • The Best Ideas Since Sliced Bread? Well, there are a few here that are pretty good. Check out what many Americans have proposed, and vote for those you think are worthy of pursuing. Thanks to my pal David B. for this.
  • My good friend Marty is a very accomplished photographer, and he is in the process of posting a number of his pictures taken over the past year or so on a site that makes it easy to scroll through and see larger versions with a click of the mouse. These are some winter shots of Highway 395 in California.
  • Thanks to my pal Ken (not to be confused with Enron's Kenny Boy), here are the 101 Dumbest Moments in Business. Jeez, only 101?
  • Finally, as those of you who were in attendance at Saturday's BARBARian gathering know, the good Dr. Laniac was unable to join us. He has a very good excuse, though -- he was busy getting the word out, in conjunction with the Freeway Blogger, about the possibility of filibustering Judge Alito's nomination to the Supreme Court. We'll forgive the good doctor this time, as he was obviously doing something that we all support and want to see happen.

That's it for the moment. There will be more political content for you readers of this site looking for that sort of thing soon. Right now, though, I've got fish to fry here in the meat world.
Free Counter
Online Universities