Tuesday, July 03, 2007

202-456-1414

That's the number to telephone the White House and tell them how you feel about Scooter walking (or anything else you might have on your mind).

I just now phoned them, and after about a half-dozen busy signals and then a delay of a few minutes, got through to a live operator. After politely telling her how displeased I was with the sentence commutation, I went on to say that I thought both the president and the vice-president had recently shown a "blatant disregard for the rule of law and the Constitution," and suggested that they both resign. "And if they don't, I think Congress should impeach them," I concluded.

The operator gave me a sunny "Thank you for calling, and thank you for your comment!" before saying goodbye.

My good friend Mr_Grant (aka Mr_Blog) has another idea on what should happen. My esteemed colleague paperwight weighs in on how this pardon commutation is consistent with the Bush family modus operandi. And Senator Chuck Schumer has an on-line petition up for those of you who might wish to add your voice to the outcry of indignation over this despicable maneuver. Even my friend Lanz, who typically weighs in on the opposite side of the issues as I do, is disgusted by this action. I have no doubt that there will be more -- much more -- to come.
Free Counter
Online Universities