Friday, April 11, 2008

Roy G. Biv Answers The Quiz

So most of you got the easy ones this week – and they were mostly all easy ones, weren’t they? Well, except for a couple. Our good friend Eric B got all but #6 and the extra-special bonus line (and with a little prompting he was able to identify the extra-special bonus artist, at least – who I saw live at the Fillmore last night and he was totally fucking awesome, by the way). Here are the answers, now don’t bug me for a while because I’ve got a very busy day today.

1. You got a reaction. You got a reaction, didn’t you? You took a white orchid… Blue Orchid; White Stripes

2. We skipped the light fandango, turned cartwheels ‘cross the floor… A Whiter Shade Of Pale; Procol Harum

3. I got a certain little girl, she’s on my mind, no doubt about it, she looks so fine. Hush; Deep Purple

4. I never meant to cause you any sorrow, I never meant to cause you any pain. Purple Rain; Prince

5. Without a warning, you broke my heart, you took it darling and you tore it apart. Turn On Your Love Light; Bobby “Blue” Bland (also acceptable for this theme: The Blues Brothers)

6. Don’t it hurt so bad when you’re standin’ in the sun; in the bottom of your heart, you don’t love no one. When The Lights Go Out; Black Keys

7. I don’t care if your love grows cold, found love in someone else’s home, don’t like standin’ in the snow… Everything’s Turning To Gold; Rolling Stones

8. Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day… Time; Pink Floyd

9. I’m just mad about Saffron, Saffron’s mad about me. Mellow Yellow; Donovan

10. All right now! Won’t you listen? When I first met you, didn’t realize, I can’t forget you for your surprise. Sweet Leaf; Black Sabbath

**Bonus** She ran into the wall so sweet and unknown, a worn comatose… Melatonin; Silversun Pickups

**Extra-special bonus that no one will get, go on, I dare you** Well, I woke up this morning found a note tied to my bed, baby’s gone and left me, oh, that’s what she said… The Lord Mistreats Me; Jackie Greene

Back at it next week.
Free Counter
Online Universities