Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: It's All About Me

Should be a pretty easy quiz this week, but the theme will very possibly elude even the most clever of you out there. Of course, I think that every week, and every week I'm amazed at how astute my readers are. But seriously, you're going to have to figure out more than just a couple of these to have a clue about the overlying theme. I think.

1. When Johnny comes marching home again, hurrah, tra-la, he’s coming by bus or underground, hurrah, tra-la...
2. My head is spinning and my legs are weak, goose step dancing, can’t hear myself speak…
3. When you climb to the top of the mountain, look out over the sea, think about all the places, perhaps, where a young man could be…
4. While the music played you worked by candlelight, those San Francisco nights, you were the best in town.
5. Well, I’m dressed up so nice, an’ I’m doin’ my best, an’ I’m startin’ over…
6. You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last.
7. Well, my room has got two windows, the sunlight never comes through, I’m so sad and lonely, baby, since I broke off baby with you.
8. Ooh, let’s get down tonight, baby, I’m hot just like an oven, I need some lovin’.
9. I’ll start this off without any words, I got so high I scratched ‘til I bled.
10. Billy, he’s down by the railroad tracks, sittin’ low in the back seat of his Cadillac.

**Bonus** What the hell is wrong with me? I’m not who I want to be. I tried spot cream and I tried it all, I’m crawling up the wall!

Answers Friday, as usual.
Free Counter
Online Universities