Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wednesday Vacation Blogging: Maui

Last year Mrs. Generik and my friend Marty and I went to Maui to see Mrs. G's niece get married there. It was our second time visiting that island, and I hope it won't be the last. Here are some pictures to help you enjoy a Maui Christmas. (Ow, don't hit!)

Hawai'i is all about the beaches.
The banyan tree in Lahaina.
What's more cliche than a sunset shot of Big Beach?
...But you know, you get tired of that. Eventually. Maybe.
I had to get at least one picture of a building in here.
Dessert at Mama's Fish House.
Really, I don't know why people want to visit this place.
Carried there by an African swallow, perhaps?
Mrs. G is not amused by my attempts at humor.
I tell the bride the same joke, and she doesn't think it's funny either.
Just one of Mrs. G's famous flower pictures. This was right outside our condo in Kihei.
Charlie don't surf!
Rock out with your cock out on the road to Hana.
There must be some reason people like to vacation here.
Can you have too many pictures of palm trees and blue ocean?
I think the mini-series "Roots" was filmed here.
A rusty something-or-other just sitting there waiting to be photographed.
My pal Marty.
At the end of the road to Hana, the Seven Sacred Pools.
Aloha!
Free Counter
Online Universities