Friday, October 26, 2007

Fair Weather Answers

Good showing this week, with most of the lines identified early on. Kudos to mrgumby2u and Melville for recognizing Stormy, which I thought might be a stumper. (Melville will probably kick himself when he sees the Lou Christie song that he could hear but not remember the name of.) The theme was simple enough, and you also guessed that right off the bat: The weather. I was a little surprised that no one got the Stones or Led Zep songs, but I suppose neither one is especially well-known outside hard-core fans of those bands (or old farts like me -- but I repeat myself).

Anyway, here are the answers:

1. The color of the sky as far as I can see is coal grey. Like The Weather; 10,000 Maniacs

2. Once I thought I saw you in a crowded, hazy bar. Like A Hurricane; Neil Young

3. Pistol shots ring out in the barroom night, enter Patty Valentine from the upper hall. Hurricane; Bob Dylan

4. The tax man's taken all my dough, and left me in my stately home. Sunny Afternoon; The Kinks

5. End of the spring, and here she comes back... Hot Fun In The Summertime; Sly & The Family Stone

6. It's getting near dawn, when lights close their tired eyes. Sunshine Of Your Love; Cream

7. Walk along the river, sweet lullaby, it just keeps on flowing, it don't worry 'bout where it's going, no, no. Blue Sky; Allman Brothers

8. You were the sunshine, baby, whenever you smiled... Stormy; Classics IV

9. Listen to me, baby, you gotta understand, you're old enough to know the makings of a man. Lightning Strikes; Lou Christie

10. It is the springtime of my loving - the second season I am to know. The Rain Song; Led Zeppelin

**Bonus** The wind blows rain into my face, the sun glows at the end of the highway. Child Of The Moon; Rolling Stones

New quiz next Tuesday!
Free Counter
Online Universities