Friday, October 12, 2007

Lovely Answers

Urf... still feeling the effects of last night's BARBARian gathering, where the theme was "I'll take Manhattan" (or maybe "First we take Manhattan, then we take... another Manhattan"), but despite that, I'm here with the answers. Not that you folks didn't already get ten out of eleven, but I did say I'd print the answers today and so I shall. Here goes:

1. Sometimes I feel I've got to run away, I've got to get away from the pain that you drive into the heart of me... Tainted Love; Soft Cell

2. Here I stand, head in hand, turn my face to the wall. If she's gone I can't go on, feelin' two-foot small. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away; The Beatles

3. Heaven, please send to all mankind understanding and peace of mind... Please Send Me Someone To Love; Percy Mayfield (also covered by B.B. King, Sade, Jewel and many others)

4. T'ain't no big thing to wait for the bell to ring, t'ain't no big thing, the toll of the bell. Love Is The Drug; Roxy Music

5. I was born in a house with the television always on. Guess I grew up too fast and I forgot my name. Love For Sale; Talking Heads

6. My love she speaks like silence, without ideals or violence... Love Minus Zero/No Limit; Bob Dylan

7. When the routine bites hard and ambitions are low, and the resentment rides high, but emotions won't grow... Love Will Tear Us Apart; Joy Division

8. Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again. Lovesong; The Cure

9. I wanna love you and treat you right, I wanna love you, every day and every night. Is This Love; Bob Marley & The Wailers

10. Yeah, said it's all right, I won't forget all the times I've waited patiently for you, and you'll do just what you choose to do... Alone Again Or; Love

**Bonus** There's an army on the dance floor, it's a fashion with a gun, my love, in a room without a door, a kiss is not enough... Love My Way; Psychedelic Furs

So, very good -- the only one that wasn't guessed was the Percy Mayfield song, and George sussed out the theme -- love -- right away. I'll try to confound you all a little more and a little better (a little more better?) next Tuesday.
Free Counter
Online Universities