Friday, October 19, 2007

Think Globally, Answer Locally

Either this week's quiz was much more difficult than I initially thought it would be, and most of my readers were genuinely stumped, or else folks have just lost interest in this whole thing already. (Cautious optimist that I am, I prefer to think that it's the former.) Only four lines were identified, although Eric the DiscoBoy did get the theme of the quiz, which was, yes, the world. Here are the answers for those of you who still care:

1. Welcome to your life, there's no turning back, even while we sleep we will find you... Everybody Wants To Rule The World; Tears For Fears

2. Here's someone now who's got the muscle, his steady hand could move a mountain. World Where You Live; Crowded House

3. If I had my way, I would move to another lifetime. Any World That I'm Welcome To; Steely Dan

4. Last week my life had meaning, it was beautiful and so sweet... My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me); David Ruffin

5. Everybody's trying to say I'm wrong. I just want to be back where I belong. World Turning; Fleetwood Mac

6. I see trees of green, red roses too, I see 'em bloom for me and for you... What A Wonderful World; Louis Armstrong (also, as Fred pointed out, covered quite capably by The Ramones)

7. It's a bit early in the midnight hour for me to go through all the things that I want to be. All Around The World; Oasis

8. No one is united, all things are untied, perhaps we're boiling over inside... The World's A Mess, It's In My Kiss; X

9. The family circle gather 'round from very far and near to pass around the same remarks they passed away last year. The World And His Wife; Elvis Costello

10. There is no political solution to our troubled evolution, have no faith in constitution, there is no bloody revolution. Spirits In The Material World; The Police

**Bonus** Ice-age heat wave, can't complain... The World At Large; Modest Mouse

Back next Tuesday with another, maybe not so difficult (or maybe just more interesting...?) quiz.
Free Counter
Online Universities