Friday, November 23, 2007

I Don't Really Believe In These Answers

As expected, this week's quiz was a bit tougher for most of you (except for Eric the DiscoBoy, who was apparently Touched by His Noodly Appendage while reading it, and thus was able to come up with four and a half answers). The theme, of course, was God, in all His or Her or Its glory, or maybe just in all the song titles. Here's the key:

1. It doesn't hurt me. Do you want to know how it feels? Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God); Kate Bush (also numerous cover artists, including Placebo)

2. I may not always love you, but long as there are stars above you... God Only Knows; Beach Boys

3. Why can't we be humble like the good lord said, he promised to exalt us... That's The Way God Planned It; George Harrison (also acceptable: Billy Preston)

4. Cain slew Abel, Seth knew not why, for if the children of Israel were to multiply, why must any of the children die? God's Song; Randy Newman

5. I was walking through the counters of a national concern and a cash machine was spitting by my shoulder. God Knows I'm Good; David Bowie

6. Them that's got shall get, them that's not shall lose, so the bible says, and it still is news. God Bless The Child; Billie Holiday (also acceptable: Blood, Sweat & Tears)

7. Was he thinking about my country or the color of my skin? Was he thinking 'bout my religion and the way I worshipped him? When God Made Me; Neil Young

8. Looking for an insult, there's a trickle in my head, seeing it's worth the effort, I forgive myself. God Made Me; The Sundays

9. I'd sell your heart to the junkman, baby, for a buck, for a buck... God's Away On Business; Tom Waits

10. Señorita, looks like you ain't done nothing good women ain't supposed to do, oh no no no no... God Don't Make Lonely Girls; Wallflowers

**Bonus** All you kids get out the back door, I've never seen her this bad before. Mother Of God; Patty Griffin

Back at it next Tuesday, providing my jury duty service next week doesn't interfere. Thanks for playing!
Free Counter
Online Universities