Friday, November 16, 2007

I Just Dreamed Up These Answers

So the dream theme wasn't nearly as elusive as I initially thought it might be (I must have been dreaming!), and nearly all the lines were identified... except for the second one and the Bonus 11th line. That's as it should be, I suppose, as that bonus line is meant to be a bit more difficult for folks to nail down. (And on the subject of that song, those of you who appreciate killer guitar riffs should check it out sometime.) Also -- I agree with the commenters who associated the Roy Orbison song with the film Blue Velvet. I can't hear that song without seeing Dean Stockwell lip-syncing it either. Creepy!

Here's the key:

1. Just one more morning, I had to wake up with the blues. Dreams; Allman Brothers

2. Well, is this seat taken? Would you mind some company? Help You Dream; The Blasters

3. A candy-colored clown they call the sandman tiptoes to my room every night... In Dreams; Roy Orbison

4. A Salvation Army band played, and the children drank lemonade. Life In A Northern Town; Dream Academy

5. Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom. Dreams; Fleetwood Mac

6. I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams; Green Day

7. When the dream came, I held my breath with my eyes closed... On The Way Home; Buffalo Springfield

8. I've been down, but not like this before. All That You Dream; Little Feat (also known to many -- if not more -- people by Linda Ronstadt's cover version)

9. Oh, my life is changing every day, every possible way. Dreams; Cranberries

10. I dreamed you paid your dues in Canada, left me to come through. These Dreams Of You; Van Morrison

**Bonus** Every day I spend my time drinking wine, feeling fine, waiting here to find the sign that I can understand, yes I am. In A Broken Dream; Python Lee Jackson (vocal by Rod Stewart)
Free Counter
Online Universities