Friday, November 09, 2007

There Are Answers I Remember

Well, good show this week! Most got answered, but no one person got more than two, and a couple lines still went unnamed. Let's see what we've got here, with the theme, of course, being geographic locations:

1. Come on, my star is fading, and I swerve out of control. Amsterdam; Coldplay

2. Start tearing the old man down, run past the heather and down to the old road. Omaha; Counting Crows

3. Now the party's over, I'm so tired, then I see you coming out of nowhere... Avalon; Roxy Music

4. A race of angels, bound with one another, a dish of dollars, laid out for all to see... Brooklyn (Owes The Charmer Under Me); Steely Dan

5. Danced with wind and danced with fire, killed the truth and called the liar... China; Red Rockers

6. Photographs of fancy tricks, to get your kicks at sixty-six... (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea; Elvis Costello

7. Friday night, I'm going nowhere, all the lights are changing green to red. Babylon; David Gray

8. Let us be lovers, we'll marry our fortunes together. America; Simon & Garfunkel

9. (Listen my friends) You thought never but (listen my friends) I'm yours forever... Omaha; Moby Grape

10. I threw away your greatest hits, you left them here the day you split. Amsterdam; Guster

**Bonus** They got a place down Kentucky, right down near Ohio, where you can watch the planes at night, people line up to watch each flight. Oh, Atlanta; Little Feat

Nobody discovered the double-double, which was Omaha and Amsterdam. Two titles, four different songs by four different groups! And I'm a bit surprised there are no Little Feat fans here, but again, maybe I'm just showing my age.

Okay, we'll try again next week. And later today (when I have some time, which I don't right now), let me tell you about the great Elvis Costello show I saw last night...
Free Counter
Online Universities