Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It Anyway: Take A Hike!

It being a Monday-on-Tuesday today, I nearly forgot all about the weekly quiz. Nearly. But not entirely. So here y'all are, Misters Armchair Generals, Misters Smarty-pantses Communists. (Extra bonus points for identifying that little paraphrased riff!) Should be an easy theme, and probably easy songs, too, with at least one real gimme. I'm not that complicated, remember, and I'm old.

1. Takin' my time, choosin' my lines, tryin' to decide what to do.
2. I... I am just a number. I... I hang on to what I got.
3. We spotted the ocean at the head of the trail...
4. You were the sweetest thing that I ever knew, but I don't care for sugar, honey, if I can't have you.
5. I called you after midnight, then ran until my heart burst.
6. Here comes Johnny singing oldies, goldies, Be-Bop-A-Lula, baby, What'd I Say...
7. And when I see the sign that points one way, the light we used to pass by every day...
8. Oh! Ohhh yeeeeah... I used to think maybe you loved me, now baby I'm sure.
9. A shadow crossed the blue Miami sky as we hit the causeway by the big hotel.
10. Holly came from Miami, FLA. Hitch-hiked her way across the USA.

**Bonus** Dot King was whittled from the bone of Cain, with a little drop of poison in the red, red blood.

Answers Friday, unless I forget.
Free Counter
Online Universities