Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Boy, The Way Glenn Miller Played...

Okay, nothing new here, you know the drill: A few easy ones mixed in with a few more obscure tunes, and a theme that shouldn't be too terribly difficult to figure out. Go to it!

1. She should have stayed away from friends, she should have had more time to spend.
2. It was the third of September, that day I’ll always remember, yes, I will.
3. Back in the day, in our sleepy little town, out of nowhere a hippie band came around.
4. Young bones groan and the rocks below say, “Throw your skinny body down, son!”
5. On Thursday night she looked a fright, her pricky hair all curled, oh Lord, what a sight…
6. When you grow up, livin’ like a good boy oughta, and your mama takes a shine to her best son…
7. All my friends had to ask me something they didn’t understand, how I get all the women in the palms of my hand, now.
8. She sits on a dock a-fishin’ in the water, uh huh, I don’t know her name she’s the fisherman’s daughter, uh huh.
9. John and Mitchy were gettin’ kind of itchy just to leave the folk music behind…
10. Well, the sun comes up and you stare your cup of coffee, yup, right through the kitchen floor.

**Bonus** You may tire of me as our December sun is setting because I’m not who I used to be…

I'll tell you how right or wrong you are on Friday.
Free Counter
Online Universities