Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Feel Like I Just Woke Up...

Over at Categorical Aperitif, my good friend nashtbrutusandshort has a post that deserves to be spread far and wide. Thank whatever deity you pray to (or don't believe in) that a new era has finally come.

Feelin' That Way, Too

Michael Tomasky, on Obama's apparent willingness to ditch the ridiculous "war on terror" rhetoric that's covered up so much stupidity and so much evil for so many years:

Bravo. And of course it logically follows that if we're not in a perpetual state of war, the executive can't arrogate to itself limitless power for unspecified periods of time.

I live at the same address I always did, but I've moved back into the United States of America.

Amen. And don't miss this overview of Obama's first 100 hours. Ending torture, encouraging FOIA requests, overturning the Gag Rule—I'd forgotten what it was like to contemplate the actions of my president and not feel a mix of shock, shame, and outrage. These new emotions...so confusing.
Free Counter
Online Universities