Friday, September 07, 2007

Hiatus And A Music Quiz

No posting here for the next couple weeks, as Mrs. Generik and I are heading off into the wilds of the eastern Sierra for our annual spiritual rejuvenation and assault on the local trout population. While I'm gone, I'll probably miss quite a bit, like General Betrayus's Iraq whitewash report, Senator Larry Craig announcing his resignation, no, intent to resign, no, intent to fight the guilty plea and stay in office, no, wait a minute, hang on... and any number of other actions, events, protests, announced candidacies, celebrity misbehavior and the possibly imminent attack on Iran. So it goes.

Just so this space isn't a complete wasteland while I'm gone, I'm leaving you all with a musical quiz, something that might take a few days for folks to answer in the comments section. Here's the deal: I'll give the opening line(s) of a song, and you, my dear readers, will identify the song and the artist in comments. I know Fred and Eric the DB are both good at this, and I have a feeling nashtbrutusandshort will recognize at least a few of these as well. I think most of them are easy, but there are a couple of rather obscure ones for you.

So have at it, enjoy, and I'll post the answers when I'm back, sometime around the 24th or so.

1. Didn't I see you down in San Antone, on a hot and dusty night?
2. Listen to me, lady, so it's understood, this runnin' 'round life ain't doin' me no good...
3. We met when we were at school; never took no shit from no one, we weren't fools...
4. There's a smart young woman on a light blue screen who comes into my house every night...
5. All I can say is that my life is pretty plain.
6. What's the matter with me? I don't have much to say.
7. People I know, places I go, make me feel tongue-tied.
8. Rockets, moon shots, spend it on the have nots...
9. Crazy Janey and her mission man were back in the alley, trading hands...
10. Janey said when she was just five years old, you know, there's nothing happening at all.
11. Well, there are sixteen people in daddy's apartment, sixteen people are living there...
12. I found America hiding in a corner of my wallet.
13. I got a pair of shoes, I swear, that somebody gave me.
14. Here we stand, like an Adam and an Eve, waterfalls, Garden of Eden...
15. Here comes Johnny Yen again, with the liquor and drugs, and the sex machine, he's gonna do another strip tease.
16. Mama said yes but papa said no, make up your minds, 'cause I gotta go.
17. I was born in Little Rock, had a childhood sweetheart, we were always hand in hand.
18. Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you...
19. Waiting, watching the clock, it's four o'clock, it's got to stop...
20. I know you've deceived me, now here's a surprise.
21. Can't help it 'bout the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.
22. Betcha didn't think I knew how to rock and roll...
23. Oh, she may be weary; young girls, they do get weary...
24. I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh, what hijacked my world that night?
25. Shyness is nice, and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to.

Okay, that ought to keep you occupied for a few minutes, anyway. Seizure, kids!
Free Counter
Online Universities