Friday, November 30, 2007

Answers Descended From Apes

Easy quiz with an easy theme this week, though there were still a couple that slipped by. Here are the answers for all you simian-lovers out there:

1. There was a guy, an underwater guy who controlled the sea, got killed by ten million pounds of sludge... Monkey Gone To Heaven; Pixies

2. Come on come on, come on come on, come on is such a joy, come on is such a joy... Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey; Beatles

3. I'm a flea-bit peanut monkey, all my friends are junkies - that's not really true. Monkey Man; Rolling Stones

4. A long time ago, our point of view was broadcast by Mr. Bartholomew. Monkey To Man; Elvis Costello

5. Back from the war, covered in red, white and blue, so here I am, but I got nowhere to go. Monkey Man; David Byrne

6. There's a place right across town, whenever you're ready, where people gather 'round whenever they're ready... Monkey Time; Major Lance

7. Back in '64 I was feeling 63, the strangest sort of feeling started creeping over me... Monkey Time; Boz Scaggs & Band

8. I think I'm sophisticated 'cause I'm living my life like a good homo sapiens... Apeman; Kinks

9. This cat named Mickey came from out of town, he been spreadin' this new dance all around... Mickey's Monkey; Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

10. They shot him down, they shot him down, they thought he was a monster but he was the King. King Kong; Daniel Johnston (I confess, though, that before I wrote this quiz I was only familiar with the Tom Waits version)

**Bonus** They prosecuted some poor sucker in these United States for teaching that man descended from the apes... Part Man, Part Monkey; Bruce Springsteen

Back with another one next Tuesday!
Free Counter
Online Universities