Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Now In HDD

Because of the holidays the next couple weeks, this will be the last one of these until after the New Year. As a special treat (or maybe a lump of cyber-coal), I'm pulling out some of the more obscure songs -- without a theme to unify them. Just songs that I'm familiar with, and that you may or may not be. I'm kind of thinking it will be the latter in many cases, but I'm willing to be surprised (really, they're not that difficult). But I can pretty much guarantee that no one will get all of these, and if anyone gets more than three or four, that person earns my undying respect and mention in the answers post on Friday.

And who knows, there may just end up being a theme in here after all. (Or is there...?)

1. If I ventured in the slipstream, between the viaducts of your dream, where immobile steel rims crack...
2. I was walkin' down the street on a sunny day, hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba.
3. May seem peculiar, how I think of you. If you want me, darlin', here's what you must do.
4. Well, ain't the sun surely takin' its time this morning (Don't you know)...
5. Well, a poor boy took his father's bread and started down the road, started down the road...
6. There's a problem, feathers iron, bargain buildings, weights and pullies.
7. They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom for trying to change the system from within.
8. Well, Annie's pretty neat, she always eats her meat, Joe is awful strong, bet your life he's putting us on.
9. I remember one night the kid cut off his right arm in a fit to save a bit of power. He got fifty thousand watts in a big acoustic tower.
10. As I walk this land with broken dreams, I have visions of many things...

**Bonus** Sorry babe, but I won't be home, won't be home tomorrow. Sorry darlin', but I gotta let you, gotta let you down.
Free Counter
Online Universities