Friday, May 23, 2008

I (Heart) These Answers

Okay, still a little fuzzy from our very enjoyable BARBARian gathering last night, so let me shake out the cobwebs and give you the answers to this week's College of Musical Knowledge quiz. Bonus points to mrgumby2u for coming up with Jackson Browne's In The Shape Of A Heart and Scout for Heart's Heartless in comments. The standard gold medal to Eric B for getting all but #4, #6, #10 and the Bonus line (hmmm... that's actually a little substandard for him, isn't it?).

Anyway, here they are, take them to heart, kids.

1. Sick at heart and lonely, deep in dark despair, thinking one thought only… Heart Full Of Soul; The Yardbirds (also acceptable, but just barely, Chris Isaak)

2. She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak. Heart-Shaped Box; Nirvana

3. Well, you gassed her up behind the wheel with your arm around your sweet one… The Heart Of Saturday Night; Tom Waits

4. Every story has to be about something, I suppose, this one says I lose my head. The Doors Of Your Heart; English Beat

5. Didn’t I make you feel like you were the only man, well yeah… Piece Of My Heart; Big Brother & The Holding Company (You get credit if you said Janis Joplin, who was the vocalist for Big Brother at the time. Also acceptable – and some would say the superior, though not as well-known, version -- Erma Franklin.)

6. Ooo, you say you’re feelin’ bad ‘cause the least thing makes you cry, sounds like a real bad case of a girl who needs a guy. Take This Heart Of Mine; Marvin Gaye

7. There’ve been so many girls that I’ve known, I’ve made so many cry, and still I wonder why. Heart Of Stone; Rolling Stones

8. Hey fellas, have you heard the news? You know that Annie’s back in town? Heartbreaker; Led Zeppelin

9. You know, sometimes, I don’t know why, but this old town just seems so hopeless. Here Comes My Girl; Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

10. Sometimes they ask me if I’m really happy now. I say sure, I never loved her anyhow. There’s A Heartache Following Me; Pete Townshend

**Bonus** Baby wants to get in the money, oh, she wants to share it with me. Kicking The Heart Out; Rogue Wave

We'll try again next Tuesday!
Free Counter
Online Universities