Friday, May 30, 2008

These Answers Are Hot

I had no idea that so many of my readers are fans of Gregory Tuva and the Throat Chanters. Really, I thought this would be an easy one for most everybody, but even Eric B missed two out of eleven (#5 and #6, for those of you who are keeping track). (Oh, and #5 was the repeat here, just in case anyone was wondering -- also, #3 can't be called anything but a gimme, can it?). A few of you knew two or three; I honestly expected a bit more. Which just demonstrates yet again how completely clueless I am when it comes to this thing.

The theme, of course, was hot hot heat, but apparently it didn’t light too much of a fire under anyone. Here’s the key, if you’re scoring at home:

1. Never know how much I love you, never know how much I care. Fever; Peggy Lee (also many others, notably including Elvis Presley, The Neville Brothers and Ray Charles)

2. When I get home from my job, I turn on the TV, but I can’t keep my mind on the show. The Fever; Bruce Springsteen

3. Well, my temperature is rising, got my feet on the floor, crazy people rockin’ ‘cause they want to go more… Gimme Some Lovin’; Spencer Davis Group

4. Together we’ll stand, divided we’ll fall, come on now people let’s get on the ball… Let’s Work Together; Canned Heat

5. I ain’t stoppin’, fingers keep boppin’, swing band rockin’ from the street to the bar. The Heat In Harlem; Graham Parker & the Rumour

6. In a far, far cooler light this could seem too deep a bite, but the day’s too bright, tonight’s the night. Hot You’re Cool; General Public

7. End of the spring and here she comes back, hi, hi, hi, hi there. Hot Fun In The Summertime; Sly & The Family Stone

8. Love is a burning thing, and it makes a fiery ring. Ring Of Fire; Johnny Cash

9. New York was cold and damp, TV is just a blank, looks like another dead-end Sunday. She Was Hot; Rolling Stones

10. What I’ve got you’ve got to give it to your mama, what I’ve got you’ve got to give it to your papa. Give It Away Now Red Hot Chili Peppers

**Bonus** Every single day I got a heartache coming my way, I don’t want to say goodbye, but look at the tears you made me cry. Fire And Water; Wilson Pickett

We’ll be back at it next Tuesday, and then we’ll skip the following week while Mrs. Generik and I take a much-needed vacation off in the beautiful eastern Sierra.
Free Counter
Online Universities