Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Don't Be Shocked

I daresay there are a few tough ones here this week, though the theme shouldn't be too hard to discern. Ready, steady, go!

1. We went through the fifth straightaways after, tracked for days on end, turnin' away from faster...
2. The Minus is loveless, he talks to the land, and the leaves fall and the pond over-ices.
3. You didn't mean to do it but you did it again. The night started out fuckin' around with your friends.
4. Now in the street there is violence, and, and a lots of work to be done.
5. Can you raise both your hands and clap 'em? Can you say, "Sure, I'll always try"?
6. I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend but I'm a little glowing friend...
7. Last night your shadow fell upon my lonely room. I touched your golden hair and tasted your perfume.
8. I saw your friend 1st. That's who I danced with. All the time I was watchin' U.
9. Got love, if that's what you need. I got three or four babies sittin' on my knee.
10. I was feeling sick, I was losing my mind. I heard about these treatments from a good friend of mine.

**Bonus** Karen blows the smoke across the table to the seat I'm in, and blood is passed around in glasses, "Vintage year," she says again.

Answers, as always, on Friday.
Free Counter
Online Universities