Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Oi!

Without saying just what age that might be, allow me to speculate that you might have to be "of a certain age" to get this week's answers and theme. And no, these aren't all songs from the 1950s, though I reserve the right to do that one week. Given the make-up of my regular readers, this will probably be a fairly easy one to suss out. Then again, some of you might be completely flummoxed. Let's see which is which.

Ready, steady, go!

1. I’ve got a new disguise, look into my eyes, there is something you don’t know I want to show you.
2. Well, you tried it just for once, found it all right for kicks, but now you found out that it’s a habit that sticks.
3. He’s in love with rock and roll, whoa, he’s in love with getting stoned, whoa…
4. Strolling along, minding my own business, there goes a girl and a half.
5. There’s no point in asking, you’ll get no reply, oh, just remember, I don’t decide.
6. She plays her mouth into a smile and offers that he stay a while.
7. I know your antiseptic, your deodorant smells nice, I’d like to get to know you, you’re deep-frozen like the ice.
8. Looking from a hilltop, watching from a lighthouse, just dreaming… up here I can see the world.
9. It’s just a habit when I reach to the packet for my last cigarette, until the day breaks, and then my hand shakes…
10. Put the cheddar in the pocket, put the rest under the jacket, talk to the cashier, he won’t suspect.

**Bonus** They customised their gear and synchronised, (they) flame out in the street with flame in their eyes. Guerilla operator ain’t heard of cool…

Answers this Friday.
Free Counter
Online Universities