Friday, July 04, 2008

All In The Family Answers

That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it, uh huh, uh huh. Most all the lines got identified, but it was a group effort, and no one ran the table. Even Eric B checked in with only four correct (#1, #2, #6 and the Bonus line), which I believe is a new low for him. He did get the theme, though, as did most of you once a few lines were ID'ed. Here's the key for those who missed the comments:

1. She should have stayed away from friends, she should have had more time to spend. Been A Son; Nirvana

2. It was the third of September, that day I’ll always remember, yes, I will. Papa Was A Rolling Stone; The Temptations

3. Back in the day, in our sleepy little town, out of nowhere a hippie band came around. Papa Dukie And The Mud People; The Subdudes

4. Young bones groan and the rocks below say, “Throw your skinny body down, son!” Shakespeare’s Sister; The Smiths

5. On Thursday night she looked a fright, her pricky hair all curled, oh Lord, what a sight… Dance Little Sister; Rolling Stones

6. When you grow up, livin’ like a good boy oughta, and your mama takes a shine to her best son… Take Your Mama; Scissor Sisters

7. All my friends had to ask me something they didn’t understand, how I get all the women in the palms of my hand, now. Treat Her Like A Lady; Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose

8. She sits on a dock a-fishin’ in the water, uh huh, I don’t know her name she’s the fisherman’s daughter, uh huh. Come On Down To My Boat; Every Mother’s Son

9. John and Mitchy were getting’ kind of itchy just to leave the folk music behind… Creeque Alley; The Mamas & The Papas

10. Well, the sun comes up and you stare your cup of coffee, yup, right through the kitchen floor. Your Dad Did; John Hiatt

**Bonus** You may tire of me as our December sun is setting because I’m not who I used to be… Brothers On A Hotel Bed; Death Cab For Cutie

Happy 4th, and we'll be back at it next week!
Free Counter
Online Universities