Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Present To Myself

So I was in line at the supermarket this evening when something caught my eye among the tabloids and the soap opera magazines there at the check-out stand. Had I been drinking milk, it probably would have shot out my nose. Good thing I never drink milk. It was half-hidden on one of the small racks generally reserved for Soap Opera Digest or some other lowbrow publication, and the title of it had me laughing to myself like a crazy person hearing clever voices on a city sidewalk in the summer.

I decided that it was worth an impulse birthday purchase, if only to share the joke with a few of my friends. What is it that tickled my fancy so much? Nothing much. It's just a slim volume titled "The Complete Idiot's Guide to The Bible."

No, seriously. What a great birthday present.
Free Counter
Online Universities