Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Limbaugh Party

It's been some time since I posted anything here, for a number of valid -- and some perhaps not so valid -- reasons (busy, sick, otherwise occupied, disinterested, etc. etc., take your pick), but I wanted to jump in here tonight before I read this somewhere else and post my thoughts about the way to rebrand and revitalize the Republican party.

Why? Because I care. Oh, yes I do. After all, what good are the Harlem Globetrotters without the Washington Generals?

Anyway, my simple suggestion is that, from now on, the party formerly known as the Republicans, the GOP, be identified as the Limbaugh Party. That's it. That's all. As of the past couple months, it has become more and more obvious that the de facto leader of the conservative movement is the fat, bigoted, lying, drug-addicted radio host known to his dittohead legions as Rushbo, the man to whom all Republican members of Congress defer (and to whom they apologize if they happen to somehow offend him).

The Limbaugh Party. I want you all to repeat it, use it, spread it around. From this day forward, in this space at the very least, we will refer to the two factions in Washington, DC, as the Democratic Party and the Limbaugh Party.

All of you, now, please, go forward and spread the word.
Free Counter
Online Universities