Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Get Out Of My Head!

Okay, what gives? Apparently somebody at the SF Chronicle is reading my blog -- or my mind. First, I run the Kevin Tillman piece here last Friday, then it shows up in yesterday's Chron. Then yesterday I post the bit about "staying the course," and use the famous Orwell slogans. So how does today's Chron lead editorial about Bush's flip-flop begin?

"WAR IS PEACE. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength."

Let's hope we have not reached George Orwell's "doublespeak" future depicted in his novel "1984" where the Ministry of Truth erects a giant pyramid enshrining those slogans.

But when President Bush says "stay the course" doesn't mean "stay the course," you have to start worrying about our national leadership's ability to redefine almost everything.

Hey! Get the freakin' hell out of my blog AND my mind! Write your own damn copy -- or start sending me checks for services rendered!

Sheesh!
Free Counter
Online Universities