Sunday, March 11, 2007

Home Again

So I'm back in San Francisco, and it's hotter here than it was in Fresno. Dude, WTF? What is up with that? This is not what I came home expecting to find.

In any event, let me just say that I had a grand time on my brief trip to the heart of Central California, and I thank all my generous hosts and the various folks I met or got reacquainted with while I was there. Joel and Katie, Chris and Dana, Marcel, Nate, RP, Jaguar, Thereminman, Airplane Jayne, Jen and all the rest, thanks for the hospitality. Yesterday I caught five shows, all of which were enjoyable -- not a clunker in the bunch -- and then attended the Rogue Wrap Party that ended up being the Rogue Party Next Door, about which the less said, the better. In retrospect, the real Rogue Party that I'll remember took place at the Suicide Lounge Friday night. Trust in Me, My Funny Valentine, Since I Fell for You we'll live the Lush Life with Every Breath You Take... now let me put my bird in your nest. Yow!

Of course, it should go without saying, I look forward to getting back to the Raisin Capital of the World for some Grizzlies baseball and future Roguishness.

As promised, here are a few images from my weekend, and I can't tell you how sorry I am that the one shot I thought was the best of the bunch, a portrait of myself and Joel from Friday night, ended up being too blurry to include here. I can't even blame myself for that, because someone else took it. Maybe the camera was conspiring against me. Still, if that's the worst thing that happened to me (and apparently it is), I'm a lucky guy.

Tim Ereneta's one prop from Chart Toppers of 1349.
The tower whence the Tower District gets its name.
So nice that they were expecting me, and appropriately marked the occasion.
Fresno is a thriving, teeming metropolis.
Public art is huge in Fresno.
The Suicide Lounge trio: (L to R) Nate Butler, Robert Paul, Marcel Nunis.
Marcel and a couple of intrepid explorers possibly bound for Shanghai.
Finally, yard art is also huge in Fresno. Here's a representation of my good friend Chris without his glasses.
Free Counter
Online Universities