Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Human Reason Is The Enemy

Back in June, a fellow known as Media Czech at a blog called BlueGrassRoots posted a hilarious piece about his visit to the new-ish Creation Museum in Kentucky, and it's pretty damn funny. My pal Dean in Connecticut sent me a link at the time, and I've been cleaning out some of my old email today and rediscovered it. So I thought I should pass it along to you, my readers, for a good laugh. Find out how the Flood created the Grand Canyon in a matter of days! Discover that "1 in 3 = 30%"! See a picture of the "Jesus horse"!

Media Czech claims that the action of taking a youngster to that museum with the purpose of indoctrinating him or her into this anti-science belief system is akin to child abuse, and I can't say that I disagree with him on that.

I realize they're an easy target, but man, those fundies and creationists and such are totally wacky, aren't they? Just like the folks who fret and write columns about what to call their favorite Invisible Superhero in the Sky. (I don't know why Flying Spaghetti Monster wasn't listed as one of the options in that column.) Of course, that column really wasn't so much about religion per se as it was about drumming up continued hatred of the Islamic Other in righteous, Jesus-loving Americans, but still. The "geeniouses" at the Creation Museum and pundits like Kathleen Parker are all pretty much cut from the same cloth, aren't they?

"Don't think, just listen and believe"!
Free Counter
Online Universities