Friday, December 21, 2007

There Are No Easy Answers

Am I the only one who remembers -- and still cherishes -- this album?

Well, I said this week's quiz might be difficult, and so it proved to be. Apparently I posted a number of songs that you folks have never heard or heard of before... and I have to say that, even though my goal was to stump you, I'm a little surprised. Maybe the fact that there was no theme this week helped make it more difficult -- or maybe I really did just post some songs that none of my readers have ever heard. In any event, here are the answers:

1. If I ventured in the slipstream, between the viaducts of your dream, where immobile steel rims crack... Astral Weeks; Van Morrison

2. I was walkin' down the street on a sunny day, hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba. Happy Boy; Beat Farmers

3. May seem peculiar, how I think of you. If you want me, darlin', here's what you must do. Room To Move; John Mayall

4. Well, ain't the sun surely takin' its time this morning (Don't you know)... Cool Metro; David Johansen

5. Well, a poor boy took his father's bread and started down the road, started down the road... Prodigal Son; Rolling Stones

6. There's a problem, feathers iron, bargain buildings, weights and pullies. Fall On Me; R.E.M.

7. They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom for trying to change the system from within. First We Take Manhattan; Leonard Cohen

8. Well, Annie's pretty neat, she always eats her meat, Joe is awful strong, bet your life he's putting us on. John, I'm Only Dancing; David Bowie

9. I remember one night the kid cut off his right arm in a fit to save a bit of power. He got fifty thousand watts in a big acoustic tower. So It Goes; Nick Lowe

10. As I walk this land with broken dreams, I have visions of many things... What Becomes Of The Broken-Hearted; Jimmy Ruffin

**Bonus** Sorry babe, but I won't be home, won't be home tomorrow. Sorry darlin', but I gotta let you, gotta let you down. Dear Jill; Blodwyn Pig

Back with a new quiz on January 8th!
Free Counter
Online Universities