Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: How Does It Feel?

This week’s quiz and theme is either going to be blindingly obvious and incredibly easy or it will be completely incomprehensible to you, depending on your personal musical proclivities and your age in approximation to mine. (I suppose that’s true every week, but I think especially today.) Either way, better answer quick before Eric the DiscoBoy gets them all right.

Because you know he will.

1. Since I was young, I’ve been very hard to please, and I don’t know wrong from right.
2. Why put this sadness inside of me, why be so matter of fact?
3. I hear the click-clack of your feet on the stairs, I know you’re no scare-eyed honey.
4. Sittin’, thinkin’, sinkin’, drinkin’, wonderin’ what I’ll do when I’m through tonight…
5. Went out walkin’ through the woods the other day, and the world was a carpet laid before me.
6. Wadin’ through the waste stormy winter, and there’s not a friend to help you through.
7. Yes, star-crossed in pleasure the stream flows on by…
8. There’s a tramp sittin’ on my doorstep, tryin’ to waste his time. With his mentholated sandwich, he’s a walking clothesline.
9. Hey babe, what’s in your eyes? I saw them flashing like airplane lights.
10. Sittin’ in my bedroom late last night, got into bed and turned out the light…

**Bonus** Well, I’m waiting at the bus stop in downtown L.A.

If I don’t print the answers on Friday, be sure and complain to the management.
Free Counter
Online Universities