Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Where Am I Again?

Huh, wha...? Where am I? What day is this?

Man, I almost forgot all about the weekly Music Quiz, it's been so long. But not to worry... here it is again, with an easy theme and a few creampuffs that ought to be simple enough to identify and digest. Let's get right to it, shall we?

1. Any news was good news, and the feeling was bad at home. I was out of mind and you were on the phone.
2. The Mississippi Delta was shining like a National guitar...
3. Outside my window not long before sleep arrives, they come with their sirens and they sweep away all the boys.
4. Although we often wondered, it was no thing of wonder, the shit that flew from our minds...
5. Tin soldiers and Nixon coming, we're finally on our own.
6. Sometimes I wanna leave here, sometimes I wanna go right back where I came from, back where I belong.
7. Wake up momma, turn your lamp down low; wake up momma, turn your lamp down low...
8. So your brother's bound and gagged, and they've chained him to a chair...
9. I am an old woman, named after my mother, my old man is another child that's grown old.
10. I thought I would go to the sea and shrink down very tiny, and slide inside the telephone wire that runs under the briny.

**Bonus** I ain't stoppin', fingers keep boppin', swing band rockin' from the street to the bar. West Coast's dated, music's overrated, hear it on the radio in every car.

Answers Friday!
Free Counter
Online Universities