Friday, February 15, 2008

Answers So Close, And Yet So Far Away

As predicted, this week's theme was guessed easily, as were most of the easy answers. A few of them remained unidentified, though, as it's doubtful that too many people out there have actually heard those songs ever before in life.

Here's the key:

1. I’ve waited for hours for this, I’ve made myself so sick, I wish I’d stayed asleep today. Close To Me; The Cure

2. Young teacher, the subject of schoolgirl fantasy… Don’t Stand So Close To Me; The Police

3. Here I am again in this mean old town… So Far Away; Dire Straits

4. I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield… Far Away Eyes; Rolling Stones (aka those old farts that I like so much)

5. How soft a whisper can get when you’re walking through a crowded space. Closer To You; Wallflowers

6. Chain smoke rings like a vapor snake kiss, she says she don’t know why. Closer You Are; Guided By Voices

7. Where the road is dark and the seed is sowed, where the gun is cocked and the bullet’s cold… Further On (Up The Road); Bruce Springsteen

8. There may come a time when you’ll be tired, as tired as a dream that wants to die… Further To Fly; Paul Simon

9. If you had not fallen, then I would not have found you. Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground; Willie Nelson

10. A seasoned witch could call you from the depths of your disgrace, and rearrange your liver to the solid mental grace. Close To The Edge; Yes

**Bonus** You can listen to the money, you can listen to your friends, but if you listen to your heartbeat you might never go home again. Closer To You; Jackie Greene

Back at it next Tuesday.
Free Counter
Online Universities