Friday, April 25, 2008

Answers Like A Girl

See, this isn’t so hard, is it? Pretty good showing this week – our good friend Eric B ran right through 1-10 like a hot flash through a middle-aged woman, only to slam up against the wall of the bonus line (which, to be fair, stumped everyone). But all of you seemed to know at least a few. The theme, of course, is that these are all songs that are sung by women in front of bands. What I liked about this theme is that not all of the bands have had exclusively female singers – for instance, the Jefferson Airplane, the B-52’s and especially the Velvet Underground often (or mainly, in the case of VU) featured a male voice for their songs. Anyway, here are the answers:

1. Bind me tie me, chain me to the wall, I wanna be a slave to you all. Oh Bondage, Up Yours!; X-Ray Spex

2. Things are feeling thin, well, I know, I know. Lost my seat again, well, I’ll go, I’ll go. Pin; Yeah Yeah Yeahs

3. The mid-twenty joys around a heart that’s black and blue… Tattooed Love Boys; Pretenders

4. And what costume shall the poor girl wear… All Tomorrow’s Parties; Velvet Underground w/Nico

5. Harmful elements in the air, symbols clashing everywhere Hong Kong Garden; Siouxsie & The Banshees

6. I was good, I could talk a mile a minute on this caffeine buzz I was on, we were really hummin’… Deadbeat Club; B-52’s

7. When the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies… Somebody To Love; Jefferson Airplane

8. When the world, it shows me up, my clothes, they show me up, I never knew this before. My Finest Hour; Sundays

9. The young boy without a name, anywhere I’d know his face, in this city the kid’s my favorite… What’s The Matter Here; 10,000 Maniacs

10. Spitting in a wishing well, blown to hell… crash. I’m the last splash. Cannonball; The Breeders

**Bonus** You’re upset because your TV is on the blink. Now you have to watch in the living room, life is rough. What You Have Is Enough; Voice Of The Beehive

I’ll see if I can’t scare up another one of these next week. As always, thanks for playing!
Free Counter
Online Universities