Friday, June 20, 2008

Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Answers

So apparently not too many of you who answered this week, other than George and of course Encyclopedia Eric B (who nearly ran the table, only missing #4, and that inexplicably, given that this is probably his favorite genre of music), are of the Punk Rock generation. The theme, as George and Eric figured out very quickly, was that all these songs are from seminal British punk bands circa 1977-78. Big props to those two for their mad skillz. All the rest of you gob-smacked geezers, poseurs and tossers are sentenced to a night of skanking and pogoing in the mosh pit while Johnny Rotten sneers at you in contempt and tells you how badly you're getting ripped off.

But before you do that, here are the answers. Read 'em and weep.

1. I’ve got a new disguise, look into my eyes, there is something you don’t know I want to show you. Your Number Is My Number; 999

2. Well, you tried it just for once, found it all right for kicks, but now you found out that it’s a habit that sticks. Orgasm Addict; Buzzcocks

3. He’s in love with rock and roll, whoa, he’s in love with getting stoned, whoa… Janie Jones; The Clash

4. Strolling along, minding my own business, there goes a girl and a half. Peaches; Stranglers

5. There’s no point in asking, you’ll get no reply, oh, just remember, I don’t decide. Pretty Vacant; Sex Pistols

6. She plays her mouth into a smile and offers that he stay a while. Plan 9 Channel 7; The Damned

7. I know your antiseptic, your deodorant smells nice, I’d like to get to know you, you’re deep-frozen like the ice. Germ Free Adolescents; X-Ray Spex

8. Looking from a hilltop, watching from a lighthouse, just dreaming… up here I can see the world. Life From A Window; The Jam

9. It’s just a habit when I reach to the packet for my last cigarette, until the day breaks, and then my hand shakes… Nicotine Stain; Siouxsie & The Banshees

10. Put the cheddar in the pocket, put the rest under the jacket, talk to the cashier, he won’t suspect. Shoplifting; The Slits

**Bonus** They customised their gear and synchronised, (they) flame out in the street with flame in their eyes. Guerilla operator ain’t heard of cool… One Hundred Punks; Generation X

Back at it next week, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Free Counter
Online Universities