Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Name That Tune

Here we go again, same as it ever was, some easy, some difficult, some you've never heard of, and as an extra added bonus for you younger readers, there are a couple of songs here that were recorded after the '60s and '70s. Okay, go, and good luck!

1. Crossroads seem to come and go, yeah. The gypsy flies from coast to coast…
2. She tries not to shatter, kaleidoscope style, personality changes behind her red smile…
3. She plays wipeout on the drums, the squirrels and the birds come gather round and sing the guitar.
4. I got on a city bus and found a vacant seat, I thought I saw my future bride walking up the street…
5. (Oh yeah, come on) I met you at J.C. Penny, I think your nametag said Jenny.
6. Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it just to reach you…
7. Your prettiness is seeping through, out from the dress I took from you, so pretty.
8. From distant star to this here bar, the me, the you, where are we now?
9. Is it all in that pretty little head of yours? What goes on in that place in the dark?
10. Long ago life was clean, sex was bad and obscene and the rich were so mean.

**Bonus** All set luncheonette, kitchenette to let. I bet I get hamburgerette again.

Answers Friday.
Free Counter
Online Universities