This Week's Answers? Sweeeeet!
As for the gimmes, to my way of thinking, they don't get much gimme-er than the Beatles and the Stones, but what the hell do I know? And didn't everyone learn Incense And Peppermints in kindergarten? *sigh* What's wrong with kids in America today? Sha-la-la.
Anyway, you'll probably recognize the few lines you missed once I post the key... which I'm about to do... wait for it, it's coming... soon... right... about... now!
1. I had the blues so bad one time it put my face in a permanent frown, you know I’m feelin’ so much better... Cakewalk Into Town; Taj Mahal
2. Oh, oh, she’s my neighbor. Fill my cup, I’ll bet you baby she could fill it up. Sugar On My Tongue; Talking Heads
3. This world is upside-down, the rights and wrongs don’t get much wronger. Sugar And Stress; English Beat
4. Creme tangerine and Montélimar; a ginger sling with a pineapple heart... Savoy Truffle; The Beatles
5. Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields, sold in the market down in New Orleans... Brown Sugar; Rolling Stones
6. Hello, my love, I heard a kiss from you, red magic satin playing near, too. Strawberry Letter 23; Brothers Johnson (Also acceptable: Shuggie Otis) (…And why isn’t it 22, or some other number? Where’s Strawberry Letter 17 or 12 or 4?)
7. Good sense, innocence, cripplin’ and kind, dead kings, many things I can’t define. Incense And Peppermints; Strawberry Alarm Clock
8. Don’t tell your right hand, baby, what your left hand do, you know those road check girls will make your brown breath blue. Peaches And Cream; Beck
9. I sat there looking ugly, looking ugly and mean. I knew what you were saying, you were saying to me... Me In Honey; R.E.M.
10. It’s a rainy afternoon in 1990. The big city... geez, it’s been twenty years... Candy; Iggy Pop & Kate Pierson
**Bonus** You want to know why I lost you, you want to know what’s wrong with you... Let’s Talk About Girls; The Chocolate Watchband
More meat and potatoes next week.