Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Heavy Is The Head...

When Eric B tells me, as he did last week, that maybe I'm getting more obscure in my choices for this little quiz, I do two things: First, I take it as a big fat compliment; and second, I look for more obscure choices with which to bother, bewitch and bewilder all y'all. That said, a few of these ought to still be pretty easy for the discerning music lovers out there, you know who you are. And the theme? Hell, I think I've already given it away.

Okay, time to match wits. How many of these do you recognize?

1. When the numbers get so high of the dead flying in the sky, oh, I don’t know why…
2. Cat’s foot iron claw, neuro-surgeons scream for more at paranoia’s poison door…
3. She keeps Moet et Chandon in a pretty cabinet, “Let them eat cake,” she says, just like Marie Antoinette.
4. Oh! Take me back to dear old Blighty, put me on the train to London Town…
5. There’s a little black spot on the sun today. It’s the same old thing as yesterday.
6. Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life…
7. Put on your lipstick, apply your makeup, sometimes you’re living in a dream…
8. I dreamed I did a good job and got well paid, blew it all at the penny arcade.
9. Hello, one and all, was it you I used to know? Can’t you hear me call on this old ham radio?
10. I got lumps in my throat when I saw her comin’ down the aisle. I got the wiggles in my knees when she looked at me and sweetly smiled.

**Bonus** Uhh! Awww, sookie sookie now! Hey! Oww, uhh! Come on baby! Hey there, sugar darlin’, let me tell you something, girl, I’ve been trying to say now.

Answers and commentary on Friday.
Free Counter
Online Universities