Friday, August 08, 2008

Bless The Beasts And Answers

So, it would appear that this week's quiz was a lot tougher than even I thought it would be. I posted Eric B's answers in the comments section, and even he only got five lines correct. Really, I expected that the first couple and the last couple would be gimmes (but not the Bonus line, which I'm not surprised no one knew). Obviously it was not that way. The theme, to the surprise of few of you, was bands with animal names, and I kind of thought that some of the more contemporary ones might get recognized by you younger readers. Oh well!

All right, let's take a look at what you all missed, shall we?

1. In this dirty old part of the city, where the sun refuse to shine… We Gotta Get Out Of This Place; The Animals

2. Oh, I’d rather go and journey where the diamond crest is flowing… I Wasn't Born To Follow; The Byrds

3. City’s breaking down on a camel’s back. They just have to go ‘cause they don’t know wack. Feel Good, Inc.; Gorillaz

4. It’s not your face or the color of your hair or the sound of your voice, my dear. Living Proof; Cat Power

5. Anything’s hard to change, but hey, I got you down on your knees again. You Can't Count On Me; Counting Crows

6. I can’t look at the rocket launch, the trophy wives of astronauts, and I won’t listen to their words… I Like Birds; Eels

7. With frizzy hair, was a metaphor, festival time. Then this woman is a goddess on that festival shrine. Sly; The Cat Empire

8. It’s the big show tongue tip tied to the roof of my mouth, bad, naughty little angels come rushin’ out. 3 Inch Horses, Two Faced Monsters; Modest Mouse

9. You know, I’ve smoked a lot of grass; oh Lord, I’ve popped a lot of pills… The Pusher; Steppenwolf

10. The silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload. I Don't Like Mondays; Boomtown Rats

**Bonus** If you say you need me, I will surely run away. If you swear that you don’t care, you know I’ll stay around until you do. Then I’ll leave. The Trouble With Love; Dogs Eye View

Hey, I think we might do this again next week if anyone's game.
Free Counter
Online Universities