Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Of The Living Dead

One of the things I like most about living in San Francisco (though I suspect it's somewhat the same in most any big city -- which is partly why I'm so comfortable in big cities) is that you just never know who or what you're going to run into at any given time or place.

For instance, this past Saturday I had gone to the AT&T store on 3rd and Market, looking for a new battery for my cursed tool of the devil cell phone ("Oh, we haven't carried that model for months," the salesman told me. "Go online and find one."), and just as I came out, there appeared to be swarm of bloody, brain-seeking zombies lumbering up 3rd on their way to Union Square. I hurriedly got my camera out of my backpack and was able to snap a few pictures as they went by. Later, I discovered that this was an organized event that was put on by these people, and similar events have been staged in other cities worldwide. I'm sure more are in the offing.

I have to say the whole thing took me by surprise just a bit. Because, seriously, I know this is sometimes a strange place to live, but you really don't usually see this many zombies strolling around downtown on a Saturday afternoon.









Free Counter
Online Universities