Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Exceedingly Strange

A friend sent me this link recently, and I almost don't know how to react to it. It's a video clip of what looks like a televison show from another dimension... a dimension that features bizarre religious theory, UFOs, bad puppetry and singing to make John Ashcroft cringe. It's quite long, and personally I wasn't able to get all the way through it, but if you fast forward past the first five minutes or so (like until the second song is over), you'll find some incredibly weird dialogue and improbable theories being expounded. It's funny, sort of, on a very different level.

Two of the more prominent puppets featured are named Mr. Grey Spaceman and Chip the Black Boy. Mr. Grey Spaceman sings one song titled Mother Evening Jehovah Prayer and another titled simply Love. Chip the Black Boy talks about UFOs visiting Earth and quotes bible scripture. There are a whole lot of camera dissolves in lieu of any real action, and apparently the "host" of this mess show is a firm believer in both UFOs and the bible. (I find one just about as believable as the other, myself, so I probably shouldn't criticize... but if I didn't, what would I blog about?) It's just too strange NOT to look. I mean, really -- I haven't seen anything this weird since I was a teenager prone to ingesting certain illicit substances for entertainment. It's even better than the late Dr. Gene Scott.
Free Counter
Online Universities