Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It Anyway: What Is This, Rent An Audience?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that, with one or two possible exceptions, most of you won't get these lines or the theme this week. Of course, I could be completely wrong about that -- and often am -- but it's up to you to show me that I am. So go on, give it a go.

1. Have to get back, have to get back the base. I need to talk to somebody I can trust.
2. I'm kicking off from centre field, a question of being down for the game.
3. We were born before the wind, also younger than the sun. Ere the bonnie boat was won...
4. How can you stand the silence that pervades when we all cry, how can you watch the violence that erupts before your eyes?
5. Chamois cleaning all the windows, singing songs about Edith Piaf's soul, and I hear blue strains of "no regredior" across the street from cathedral Notre Dame.
6. You can take all the tea in China, put it in a big brown bag for me...
7. Look at the ivy on the cold clinging wall, look at the flowers and the green grass so tall.
8. And I will stroll the merry way and jump the hedges first, and I will drink the clear clean water for to quench my thirst.
9. Don't want to discuss it, think it's time for a change. You may get disgusted, start thinkin' that I'm strange.
10. Oh, the smell of the bakery from across the street got in my nose, as we carried our ladders down the street with the wrought-iron gate rows.

**Bonus** Go for a ride in the still of the night and the morning brings forth all this wonderful delight...

Check in Friday to see what you missed.
Free Counter
Online Universities