Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Where Are We Going?

I'm a little late posting this, almost forgot today was Tuesday...

This week, because so few of you were able to answer the punk lines last week, The Generik Brand is presenting an extra big music quiz, with more lines for everyone to choose from! (Also, the fact that there are so many options for this particular theme gave me a surplus of songs from which to choose.) Even the most musically-disinclined among you are bound to get one or two of these... I think...

Okay, start 'er up and let 'er rip!

1. And I wished for so long, cannot stay… all the precious moments, cannot stay…
2. I pulled out of Pittsburgh rollin’ down the Eastern seaboard…
3. One two three four five six.
4. I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow, I’m drunk and dirty, don’t ya know…
5. Sittin’ in the kitchen, a house in Macon, Loretta’s singing on the radio.
6. Here now, don’t make a sound. Say, have you heard the news today?
7. I’m goin’ home, and when I wanna go home…
8. You jump in front of my car when you, you know all the time that ninety miles an hour, girl, is the speed I drive.
9. Like a hurricane around your heart when earth and sky are torn apart…
10. Well we know where we’re goin’, but we don’t know where we’ve been…
11. I’ve been drivin’ all night, my hand’s wet on the wheel…

**Bonus** I left New York in 1949 to go across the country without a bad blame dime, Montana in the cold, cold fall, found my father in the gambling hall.

***Extra Special This Week Only Bonus*** Having a good time, baby, you’re having a ball. Your daddy don’t dig what you look like, don’t dig it at all.

Answers Friday, just like always.
Free Counter
Online Universities