Answers & Semi-Hiatus
In the meantime, here are the answers to this week's super-easy double Motown dip. And just to reassure anyone out there who might be wondering about a possible diminishing of his powers, let me confirm that the mighty Eric B -- with whom I'll be spending some serious quality time on Saturday and Sunday -- got every one of these lines right.
And those lines would be...
1. I don't like you but I love you, seems that I'm always thinking of you. You Really Got A Hold On Me; Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
2. Oh, you may not love me now, but I'm stayin' around 'cause you want my company. If You Can Want; Smokey Robinson
3. I've been cryin' (boo hoo) 'cause I'm lonely (for you), smiles have all turned to tears... Come See About Me; The Supremes
4. I need love, love, to ease my mind, I need to find, find someone to call mine... You Can't Hurry Love; The Supremes
5. You're sweet as a honeybee, but like a honeybee stings, you've gone and left my heart in pain. It's The Same Old Song; Four Tops
6. Now if you feel that you can't go on, because all of your hope is gone... Reach Out (I'll Be There); Four Tops
7. Sunshine, blue sky, please go away. My girl has found another and gone away. I Wish It Would Rain; Temptations
8. 1, 2... 1, 2, 3, 4, ow! People movin' out, people movin' in. Why, because of the color of their skin. Ball Of Confusion; Temptations
9. Like a fool I went and stayed too long, now I'm wondering if you're love's still strong. Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours; Stevie Wonder
10. I was born in Little Rock, had a childhood sweetheart, we were always hand in hand. I Was Made To Love Her; Stevie Wonder
**Bonus** Ah, say yeah yeah yeah, say yeah yeah yeah; ah, say yeah yeah yeah, say yeah yeah yeah. I try to put my arms around you all because I want to hold you tight. Stubborn Kind Of Fellow; Marvin Gaye