Friday, August 29, 2008

Answers & Semi-Hiatus

I know it seems like I haven't been posting much lately -- because I haven't -- but it's going to get even worse (or better, depending on your perspective) for the next few weeks. I'm driving down to Los Angeles in a few hours and will spend Labor Day weekend and all next week there. Then I'll be back home for five brief days, after which Mrs. Generik (who, unfortunately, will not be accompanying me to SoCal) and I head up into the wilds of the Eastern Sierra for a long week of camping. So this blog is pretty much going dark for a while, unless I find some time and inspiration to post something that just can't wait in this upcoming week, while I still have internet access. Because I won't once I'm up in the woods.

In the meantime, here are the answers to this week's super-easy double Motown dip. And just to reassure anyone out there who might be wondering about a possible diminishing of his powers, let me confirm that the mighty Eric B -- with whom I'll be spending some serious quality time on Saturday and Sunday -- got every one of these lines right.

And those lines would be...

1. I don't like you but I love you, seems that I'm always thinking of you. You Really Got A Hold On Me; Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

2. Oh, you may not love me now, but I'm stayin' around 'cause you want my company. If You Can Want; Smokey Robinson

3. I've been cryin' (boo hoo) 'cause I'm lonely (for you), smiles have all turned to tears... Come See About Me; The Supremes

4. I need love, love, to ease my mind, I need to find, find someone to call mine... You Can't Hurry Love; The Supremes

5. You're sweet as a honeybee, but like a honeybee stings, you've gone and left my heart in pain. It's The Same Old Song; Four Tops

6. Now if you feel that you can't go on, because all of your hope is gone... Reach Out (I'll Be There); Four Tops

7. Sunshine, blue sky, please go away. My girl has found another and gone away. I Wish It Would Rain; Temptations

8. 1, 2... 1, 2, 3, 4, ow! People movin' out, people movin' in. Why, because of the color of their skin. Ball Of Confusion; Temptations

9. Like a fool I went and stayed too long, now I'm wondering if you're love's still strong. Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours; Stevie Wonder

10. I was born in Little Rock, had a childhood sweetheart, we were always hand in hand. I Was Made To Love Her; Stevie Wonder

**Bonus** Ah, say yeah yeah yeah, say yeah yeah yeah; ah, say yeah yeah yeah, say yeah yeah yeah. I try to put my arms around you all because I want to hold you tight. Stubborn Kind Of Fellow; Marvin Gaye
Free Counter
Online Universities