Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Fool Me A Third, Fourth And Fifth Time..."

Frequent commenter here (and close personal friend of mine) Buffoon posted this comment about the latest post on cartoonist David Horsey's blog on the Seattle PI site. I thought it was good enough to give him a forum here on the Generik Brand for a replay. You go, Buffoon:

Okay, whether or not the "pig" remark was referring to Sarah Palin (I don't think it was, but let's let the GOP make up the right wing's minds for them), the fact is this: IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUES, YOU MORONS!!!!

The GOP charge-it-and-spend plan has us owing trillions of dollars. The interest on those loans each year is more than Bill Gates' net worth. Any candidate that doesn't plan to adjust taxes as a way to paying off the National Debt is being irresponsible.

The great God of the GOP, Ronald Reagan, was wrong in his tax plan. "Trickle-down economics" doesn't work. It's more like "Trickle-ON economics."

Now the current GOP candidates can say they're going to change things all they want to, but that's what the GOP said in the 2000 election.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me a third, fourth and fifth time, I'm a Republican.

I have a good friend who voted for Bush in 2004. When I aske d him why, he replied, "He's a Christian." I contended that Bush, as well as the current slate the GOP has trotted out, are FAR from Christian. They show NONE of the values of Christ or his teachings.

If the reason you support McCain/Palin is because they say they're "Christian," think about this: I can say I'm a duck, but unless I quack and can flap my arms and fly, I'm not a duck, I'm a liar.

Any sane person who looks at the economy, the war, and the way our freedoms have been stripped of us under the current Administration would not only not vote for a Republican this election, but would NEVER vote for a Republican in the future.

Pull your heads out of your collective behinds and look around.
Free Counter
Online Universities