Friday, February 22, 2008

Girl, You Have No Faith In These Answers

Well done, readers. Even with Eric the DB stepping aside, all but one of this week's lines were identified rather handily. Here's the key:

1. Well, I've been up to Paris and I've slept in a park, went down to Barcelona, someone broke in my car. Euro-Trash Girl; Cracker

2. Is there anybody going to listen to my story? Girl; Beatles

3. There are some things you can't cover up with lipstick and powder. Girls Talk; Elvis Costello

4. Hey where did we go, days when the rains came, down in a hollow playin' a new game. Brown Eyed Girl; Van Morrison

5. I... who took the money? Who took the money away? Girlfriend Is Better; Talking Heads

6. You pretend you're high, you pretend you're bored, you pretend you're anything just to be adored. Stupid Girl; Garbage

7. I'm not talking about the kind of clothes she wears... Stupid Girl; Rolling Stones

8. Good loving, the girl's got pretty good loving, ask me how I know, and I'll tell you so... She Used To Be My Girl; O’Jays

9. Genny came over and told me 'bout Fred. "He's such a hairy behemoth," she said. I Kissed A Girl; Jill Sobule

10. I need an easy friend, I do with an ear to lend. About A Girl; Nirvana

**Bonus** If I may be so bold that I just say something, come and make me my day... The Girl In The Dirty Shirt; Oasis

Extra-special double-secret covered in chocolate answers for the lines from Comments, which it appears no one but Robo out there could answer, and him only one of the three (thus everyone else missed out on all those doubly-secret extra-special chocolate-covered bonus points): From George, Girlfriend by Jonathan Richman and Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet, respectively. My additional line was from Waiting For You, Girl (aka Central Valley Mud) by Cracker.

Back at it next week, most likely.
Free Counter
Online Universities