Friday, March 21, 2008

C Student Answers

No, Buffoon and Eric B, no C Is For Cookie. Sorry. Anyway, that wouldn't quite fit the theme this week -- that being that all the bands listed are C-words. Er... that is, all the band names begin with the letter C. (BTW, Eric B, in a generous act of selflessness, sent his answers directly to me about an hour after the quiz was posted. He missed #1, #3, #9 and the Bonus lines, but otherwise correctly identified the rest.) Below you'll find the key.

**CORRECTION** Thanks to Tom Hilton for spotting a mistake in last week's quiz. The song in slot #1 by the band Televison is actually See No Evil, which is the first song on the album Marquee Moon. I meant to use the song Marquee Moon, but somehow got confused. The Generik Brand apologizes for the error.

1. So I thought that you knew the question you were asking me to answer. Chain Of Circumstance; Camper Van Beethoven

2. What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said is this man a Jew? Clampdown; The Clash

3. We are building a religion. We are building it bigger. We are widening the corridors and adding more lanes. Comfort Eagle; Cake

4. You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun... Tales Of Brave Ulysses; Cream

5. I don't know what the world may need, but I'm sure as hell that it starts with me. Teen Angst (What The World Needs Now); Cracker

6. All the faces, all the voices blur. Change to one face, change to one voice. Charlotte Sometimes; The Cure

7. I feel depressed, I feel so bad, 'cause you're the best girl that I ever had. Psychotic Reaction; Count Five

8. I saw her standin' on the corner, a yellow ribbon in her hair... Young Blood; The Coasters

9. Why do I kid myself? Why do I scream for pleasure? It's four in the morning, should know better. Can’t Carry On; Crowded House

10. If you, if you could return, don't let it burn, don't let it fade. Linger; Cranberries

**Bonus** The weekend is the weekend and it's sunny in the park, I'll stay here with my beer and fish and chips till it gets dark... The Car Song; Cat Empire

Once again into the breach next Tuesday, and if my schedule ever permits it, I'll try to post something else in the next week as well. Don't hold your breath.
Free Counter
Online Universities