Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Whose Opening Line Is It, Anyway: Fair To Middling

Let's just dive right into this, shall we? Your venial host has a busy day and needs to get on the stick.

1. So I thought that you knew the question you were asking me to answer.
2. What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said is this man a Jew?
3. We are building a religion. We are building it bigger. We are widening the corridors and adding more lanes.
4. You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
5. I don't know what the world may need, but I'm sure as hell that it starts with me.
6. All the faces, all the voices blur. Change to one face, change to one voice.
7. I feel depressed, I feel so bad, 'cause you're the best girl that I ever had.
8. I saw her standin' on the corner, a yellow ribbon in her hair...
9. Why do I kid myself? Why do I scream for pleasure? It's four in the morning, should know better.
10. If you, if you could return, don't let it burn, don't let it fade.

**Bonus** The weekend is the weekend and it's sunny in the park, I'll stay here with my beer and fish and chips till it gets dark...

All yours, kids. Let's see what you can do. Answers Friday!
Free Counter
Online Universities